Washington, DC 20024
BPA Services, LLC is seeking a Technical Writer to be an integral part of our software development efforts. The Senior Technical Writer will work with internal teams and customers to produce and maintain high-quality technical and user guidance documentation. He/She will also be responsible for obtaining an understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Attend meetings and brainstorming sessions and identify, gather and document software requirements.
- Transform high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements for system developers.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials, user manuals and training documents to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Read and analyze highly technical materials and develop presentations and reports of that information.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Bachelors degree form an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or other relevant Business degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
BPA Services, LLC is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled