Task Lead (II)
Washington, DC 20024
Salary: $115,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
Founded in 2008, BPAS began as a two-person company supporting one contract to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), but has since blossomed into a company of experienced and highly qualified experts in computer science, systems engineering, program management and software engineering. Our team members have developed innovative and methodical solutions, having managed systems both on and off customer premises. We utilize our experience and background in interdisciplinary sciences and engineering to provide resources and solutions that are flexible and scalable.
**This position is contingent upon the successful award of this contract.**
BPA Services, LLC is seeking a Task Led to be an integral part of our business development efforts. The Task Lead will work with internal teams and customers to gather supporting requirements.
- Conducting needs assessments
- Generating use-case scenarios
- Performing functional analysis and developing preliminary system/capability functions
- Developing functional and system-level requirements
- Developing, testing, and refining proofs-of-concepts and prototypes
- Reviewing test plans and procedures
- Modeling and refining simulations of operational scenarios to evaluate proposed operational concepts and/or automation enhancements (e.g., human-in-the-loop (HITL) simulations)
- Performing trial demonstrations of proposed concepts, functionality, and requirements
- Collecting, cataloging, and analyzing data from concept evaluation activities
- Decomposing system-level requirements into lower-level sub-system requirements, components, and configuration items necessary for formal system design
- Designing and implementing Web Service (WS) and Java Messaging Service (JMS) capabilities to enable request/reply and publish/subscribe functionality
- Identifying and characterizing architectural and design principles
- Refining proposed designs and architectures in response to feedback from evaluation activities.
- Background in operational and safety assessments, including:
- Conducting site surveys and operational assessments
- Characterizing site-specific features, such as infrastructure assets and nominal airspace traffic patterns
- Supporting efforts to configure simulations and demonstrations of proposed operational concepts and capabilities on location
- Applying Safety Risk Management (SRM) techniques and best practices to concept development and evaluation
- 5 years of experience with a MS/MA or 10 years of experience with a BS/BA of supporting requirements similar to those described above.
- Background in concept and requirements development, and concept evaluation
- Knowledge of System-Wide Information Management (SWIM) publication services
- Demonstrated understanding of system and software development lifecycle concepts, processes, and best practices.
Preferred Experience: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and National Airspace System (NAS) knowledge preferred.