Senior Database Administrator
Washington, DC 20024
Salary: $125,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
BPA Services, LLC is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to be an integral part of our software development efforts, responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering a computerized database, including base definition, structure, documentation, long range requirements, and protection. This role ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools.
- Supports and maintains Oracle database applications
- Conducts system tuning, performance monitoring, and database maintenance
- Assists with application and user support when needed
- Provide technical support and maintain programs that allow analysis of information from the database
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity
- Monitory database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Implement and manage Connections with external data sources
- Provides information technology services in facilities planning, operations and support; storage systems analysis, design/test, and administration server system analysis, design/test and administration.
- 15 year of relevant experience
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Information Systems, Business Systems, Management Information System, IT Management, other IT degree.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity.
- Working knowledge of ETL functionality
- Proven working experience as a database administrator
- Effective communication skills
- Relevant certification such as Microsoft Certified Professional or Oracle Database Certification (preferred but not required)
Master’s degree in Information Systems, IT Management, business systems, management information systems other IT degrees, MBA Engineering, math, and science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees
BPA Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.