Senior Technical Writer
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
BPA Services, LLC is seeking a Technical Writer to be an integral part of our software development efforts. The Senior Technical Writer will work with internal teams and customers to produce and maintain high-quality technical and user guidance documentation. He/She will also be responsible for obtaining an understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Attend meetings and brainstorming sessions and identify, gather and document software requirements.
- Transform high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements for system developers.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials, user manuals and training documents to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Read and analyze highly technical materials and develop presentations and reports of that information.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Bachelors degree form an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or other relevant Business degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
BPA Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.